Friday, February 5, 2010

What a trip.

One of the main reasons I wanted to come to London is the incredible opportunity to travel. So many amazing places are accessible to me because I'm in London. I spent all day researching the places I'd like to go this semester. Here's where Jamie's gon' go, for all of you interested:

1. Prague


The architecture in Prague is what really interests me - so much baroque, neo-classical, gothic, and modern architecture. Not to mention, the Barbie and toy museum is in Prague. 'Nuff said.

2. Germany


My aunt lives near Frankfurt, and I found a flight to and from Frankfurt for 10 pounds both ways. Why not? I can't wait.

3. The Swiss Alps


I have always wanted to see the Alps. I think they are absolutely stunning. I'd be happy seeing ANY Alps, but I am drawn to Switzerland. So let's go.

4. Cinque Terre, Italy


I am going here, no matter what. A hike through five beautiful Italian villages hidden within the rocks. This is a definite Spring Break possibility - fly to Pisa, go to Cinque Terre and explore. Sounds good to me.

5. Greece


If you know me, you know I have an unusual affinity for Greece. I have been looking forward to studying abroad, as it gives me an opportunity to visit the place I've been dreaming about since elementary school. I love mythology, history, art, philosophy, EVERYTHING from Greece. I WILL ride a donkey in Greece and eat endless amounts of feta cheese and black olives.

6. Paris


Easy to get to and from. Lots of gorgeous art, shopping, food, and beautiful people. I wish I could do a handstand so I could do one in front of the Eiffel Tower.

xo Jamie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daja. Glad to know you are having fun time. These sights you want to see are marvelous so plan on seeing them. Take lots of pictures. What do you think about Mom and I coming to visit you? You know how much we miss you. Just take care, K? We are excited for you. Love you. Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete